Tuesday 19 July 2011

A week in Fethiye

Finally, I get back to sitting down at my laptop. I cant believe how fast time has gone! One whole month since my last post.....EEEEEEEEEEK!

I've had a pretty hectic month. Returning back to "the show" after vacation took some getting used to. However, getting back into a regular routine was put on hold as I ended up getting injured. Nothing serious and all is fine now. A twisted pelvis from some of the bungee work which meant lots of pain when trying to dance. Just a little bump in the road,  but after lots of physio and pain relief I'm back in the game!!!

I also had some time away with my family. Something that I haven't done in a while, due to working out of the country for the past five years.
I joined my Mum, Dad and younger sister on their holiday to Turkey for a week. We stayed in a little town called Fethiye and got to spend a week eating delicious food and visiting so many interesting places.



The weather was fantastic and really gave me a boost of energy!
It really was an amazing week and i loved visiting the nearby islands and seeing so much wildlife along the way.  It really was such a treat for me when we happened to spot a sea turtle. We were able to watch it for a good five minutes as it swam and fed in the shallow water of the harbour.


 Whilst away I  also spent a good amount of time at the side of our swimming pool reading some wonderful books:



 

The Celestine Prophecy and Tuesdays with Morrie are two of my favourite books, I have read them both many many times.
I first read The Celestine Prophecy about six years ago when I was going through a bit of a "down" time. It really broke me out of my bout of depression and made me look at things from a different angle. It really speaks to me and I always seem to come back to it when I want to feel a little more balanced.

Tuesdays with Morrie. Such a touching book and like the Celestine Prophecy gives me a different take on life. It really is a MUST!!! I would recommend it to any and everybody! These are two books that I always come back to time and time again.

Finally, Kathy Griffins book!
All I can say is this lady TICKLES me!!!
Such a funny read. I'm a huge fan of KG. Shes so frank and quick with her humour. Sometimes too far for some people,  but you have to give it to her for pushing boundaries.
I became a big fan of hers since watching her reality television series "My life on the D list" and her phrase 'SUCK IT' has kind of become my motto over the past few weeks. (I think that's why I needed the other two books to level me out! )


This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

4 comments:

  1. Ah lovely to see you back in Blogland, mind you I haven't posted for a long time either.

    How exciting Turkey. Me, wife and son are off there on 8th August for 2 weeks. I keep checking the weather whilst stuck in the uk, it is a lovely 30 at present. Am trying to work out what project to take with me in crafty terms. I am thinking my granny square blanket and maybe some socks.

    Very impressed you read 3 books in a week!! I struggle to read one book a month lol.

    Re Mollie Makes, nothing wrong with liking it although I can imagine you'd get teased. Penny (wifee) teases me about my crafty ness and i'm 43 (shhhh) don't tell anyone though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, pleased to hear your injury wasn't too serious and you are better now. Your holiday in Turkey sounds wonderful. I'm off next week - having a stay at home week and hoping for good weather for picnics and plenty of crocheting, reading and relaxing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you liked Fethiye. For sure, it was a tasty and relaxing vacation!

    ReplyDelete