Tuesday 19 July 2011

Mollie Makes

Ok I get it, I'm a guy in my twenties.....but I like what I like! (shrug).
Some would say this makes me an old woman,  I say "SUCK IT" (had to put that in somewhere).

I picked up issue three of "Mollie Makes" at the airport. It caught my eyes because of the gorgeous bright crocheted flowers on the cover. Its a new magazine focusing on everything crafty, homemade and vintage. I'm really into this stuff at the moment! There are lots of nice little projects and great pictures. I haven't read all of the articles as "English Garden Wedding" wasn't calling out to me! I think its a lovely magazine though and will look out for future issues if I see projects in there that call my name.



This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

7 comments:

  1. I love it! Who care's what anyone thinks, I'm surprised how many comments I get about knitting from people who say "ooooh I knit too!" - quite exciting. It's deffo unusual for men to do it but I love it - wish my other half was as creative as you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Suck it"... just love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, who cares about what "some might say". As a guy, I have found knitting and crochet to be more of an awesome hobby than I could have ever imagined! I never thought I'd be making teddy bears, afghans, bags, and a whole bunch of "old lady" stuff!! Lol! I love it all so much...you're on the right track Matt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks pjmma!! Nice to hear from a guy with similar interests!!! Great projects on Ravelry!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'm a girl/woman (I'm 25 I suppose I have to start calling myself a woman) and sometimes crocheting is so embarrassing for my social life, BUT I LOVEE IT SO MUCH. Little anecdote.... Super hot guy comes in to where I work (the front desk AT A GYM **SIGH**, old lady comes in, knows I crochet, then hands me a crochet toppers for jars magazine and knows I am going to just love these patterns... in front of said hottie. **Sigh** Needless to say that hasn't gone anywhere. ;) And I think its absolutely awesome that you crochet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Matt, I subscribe to this magazine but haven't got this early issue. Have bid on ebay for one but always get outbid! There is a buy it now option at £24.99 (current issues sell at £4.99)I didn't realise they were so sort after!I love these mags and go through all my back issues when I'm down. In fact sewing and crocheting have helped me out of a sad place I was in last summer. New to blogger as well but having fun discovering and learning. Translated your jammy dodger pattern to english and am going shopping tomorrow for yarn to make it. You r so cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have "Mollie..." in Poland since January 2014 and I'm totally in love with it <3

    ReplyDelete